Since its my birthday month, I want to dedicate this post to the other June birthday celebrants as well. Happy birthday to all of us and may we may continue to rock and kick-more-a$$ for years to come.
The month of June is divided into two zodiac signs (Gemini May 21 – June 20 and Cancer June 21 – July 22). My birth date falls at the Gemini bracket. Yours truly is born on June 7th, 19xx (guess about the xx hehe). In this post, I want to share with you some trivia about famous people whom I share my birthday with as well as with some notable events that happened during the date.
Famous People Born On June 7
According to the FamousWhy.Com database, there are 196 (+1 including me LOL) famous people born on June 7. It includes 3 actors, 27 actresses, 1 basketball player (Allen Iverson), 2 business people, 1 judge, 1 linguist, 43 NFL players, 113 personalities, 1 poet, 1 pope (Pope Gregory XIII), 1 scientist, 1 singer, 1 tennis player (she’s Anna Kournikova folks, yes, the hottest tennis player in the whole wide world!) and +1 Filipino blogger (that’s me LOL). For their names and respective pictures, you can visit this address: http://www.famouswhy.com/Born_Today/6/7.html.
Anna Sergeyevna Kournikova or simply Anna Kournikova
Date Of Birth – June 7, 1981
Notable Events Happened At The Date Of June 7th
The Wikipedia page of June 7 shows well known events that happened at the said date. Some of those events includes:
- The First Crusade: The Siege of Jerusalem begins. (June 7, 1099)
- Spain and Portugal sign the Treaty of Tordesillas which divides the New World between the two countries. (June 7, 1494)
- Louis XIV is crowned King of France. (1654)
- Port Royal, Jamaica, is hit by a catastrophic earthquake; in just three minutes, 1,600 people are killed and 3,000 are seriously injured. (1692)
- Richard Henry Lee presents the “Lee Resolution” to the Continental Congress. The motion is seconded by John Adams and leads to the United States Declaration of Independence. (1766)
- Benjamin Harrison becomes the first President of the United States to attend a baseball game. (1892)
- World War I: Battle of Messines – Allied ammonal mines underneath German trenches at Messines Ridge are detonated, killing 10,000 German troops. (1917)
- World War II: The Battle of Midway ends. (1942)
- The Supreme Court of the United States hands down its decision in Griswold v. Connecticut, effectively legalizing the use of contraception by married couples. (1965) Author’s Note: this is an interesting date for me since here in the Philippines, the Reproductive Health bill that includes notes about the usage of contraceptives is still in debate, who might know, by the date of June 7th, the bill may pass.
- Sony introduces the Betamax videocassette recorder for sale to the public. (1975)
- Mount Pinatubo (here in the Philippines) explodes generating an ash column 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) high. (1991)
- The long range Boeing 777 enters service with United Airlines. (1995)
For more notable June 7 events, head over to this Wikipedia address: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_7
Hope you enjoyed reading this post, if not, pretend you do, it’s my birthday post after all. Cheers!