Boxing pundits and aficionados including yours truly are cheering to hear the huge blowout about the eagerly awaited dream super-fight between undefeated pound for pound authority Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and unbeaten Mexican Unified super welterweight claimant Saul Alvarez. Yeah, its officially set slated on Saturday, September 14, 2013 at the fabulous MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Some interesting facts and trivia you should know in this upcoming title clash of Mayweather and Alvarez.
- The super match-up was signed on Wednesday, May 29 and officially announced via twitter on May 31.
- Mayweather vs Canelo tickets will go on sale on June 24th and the same time the kick of their media tour.
- Both pugilists agreed to have a catch-weight of 152 lbs. and putting in line are Mayweather’s junior middleweight and welterweight titles and Alvarez’s belts.
- The title match will be Mayweather’s second in his six-fight deal with SHOWTIME and CBS.
- According to online betting side Bovada.lv, early odds indicates the betting at Mayweather -280 and Alvarez +220.
- Someone’s ‘0’ will be gone after this fight!
The 36-year-old Floyd “Pretty Boy” Mayweather is unbeaten in 44 fights, the last is a unanimous 12-round ruling over Robert Guerrero on May 4 at the MGM Grand in defense of his WBC welterweight title.
Saul “Canelo” Alvarez has a professional boxing record of 42-0-1. The 22-year-old Mexican fighter victoriously unified the WBC and WBA super welterweight titles April 20 in San Antonio with a unanimous decision over Austin Trout.
What your fearless prediction fight fans?
The countdown has finally began! Brace yourselves boxing enthusiasts for a night of sure boxing excitement, slug-fest and thrill. Don’t miss to witness the must-see Mayweather vs Alvarez live coverage on SHOWTIME’s Pay-Per-View (PPV), free television airing and even to your mobile devices. Enjoy!